Safer Water Solutions For Every Faucet From Detroit’s Finest Whole Home Water Filters
Stop water problems before they enter your home with advanced whole-home water filters.
The surface water sources that primarily supply the Detroit and Ann Arbor areas can have unpleasant tastes or smells like sulfur, excess chlorine, or potentially unsafe contaminants like lead and arsenic. Some of these contaminants come from the environment, while others make their way into lakes and rivers as a result of runoff from agricultural and industrial activities. Other contaminants, like lead, can be absorbed into water as it travels through plumbing.
You can often tell if your water is contaminated if you experience any of these issues with your tap water:
- Cloudy or discolored water
- Soap scum and residue
- Unpleasant water smells like chlorine
- Metallic taste or aftertaste
- Rust colored or blue/green stains or spots
- Stains on laundry, sinks, tubs and more
Water Quality in Detroit
What you can’t tell just from looking or smelling however, is the kind of contaminants that may be present in your water. And there are several potentially harmful contaminants that can’t be detected by sight, smell, or even taste. Lead, arsenic, and chromium-6 are a few that can pass undetected in the water supply because they generally don’t come with obvious signs.
Since surface water can be prone to more contamination than other sources of water, cities often use a variety of treatment chemicals to ensure that it’s safe to drink and use. These treatment chemicals, commonly chlorine, can leave water smelling or tasting unpleasant. In other areas of Detroit, water can experience more serious issues if the infrastructure is aging or plumbing hasn’t been updated — this can lead to corrosion which is often how potentially harmful contaminants, like lead, get into the water.
Whole Home Water Filtration Solutions
Culligan’s whole-home water filters are customized to solve for lead contamination in Detroit and Ann Arbor, as well as other common water impurities throughout Michigan.
Whole-home treatment provides comprehensive protection from contaminated water throughout the house, so you can be sure that every faucet and fixture provides safe, great tasting drinking water.
Benefits of Whole Home Water Filtration
In addition to treating water for safety everywhere you drink and use it in your home, whole-home water filtration can also add benefits for your skin, hair, nails, laundry, and more:
- Save on utilities by improving major appliance efficiency.
- Protect plumbing and fixtures from mineral buildup and corrosion.
- Save money on personal care and cleaning products like soap, shampoo, and detergent.
- Enjoy healthier, happier skin, hair, and nails.
- Improve the look and feel of laundry, helping it last longer and look better.
- Make cleaning easier with less buildup, water spots, and residue.
The Culligan Difference
We’ve served the Detroit area for over 80 years, and during that time we’ve learned a lot about how to solve the unique water problems all over Michigan. This experience helps us diagnose the water in your home, so we can find the whole-home filter for safer, better tasting water everywhere you need it.
- Get the most out of your investment with professional installation and routine maintenance to ensure maximum efficiency for the life of your whole home filter.
- Water tests are always Your local Culligan Man will review the results with you to identify water issues, and customize the right solution for your home.
- Culligan of Detroit is on call to help with questions for service, maintenance, repairs, and more, for worry-free customer service.
Find the widest selection of hard-working, high-efficiency whole-home water filtration systems, customized for your specific water problems.
Learn more about the home benefits of a Culligan® Whole House Water Filter!
Every liquid has a pH, including your home’s water
- Whether the pH is too high or too low, it can have damaging affects on your water
Iron is one of the most common types of problem water and can leave your fixtures and tubs with rust stains. Culligan has solutions geared towards removing the iron from your water. Find out which solution is right for your home!
Self explanatory, blue and green stains in your tubs and sinks
- Often caused by low pH levels in your water
Water should be clear, if not why would you drink it?
- The only way to find out what’s making your water the wrong color is with a water analysis
- Did you know Culligan offers a Free Water Analysis?
If your laundry is coming out of the washer with stains, it could be your water
- Iron is just one of the possible reasons for your water damaging your clothes
- Don’t ruin your favorite shirt, get your water tested!
Rotten Egg Smell / Sulfur
Water may smell like rotten egg or sometimes described as fishy
- This can be caused by iron and sulfur in your home’s water
Get your water tested to determine what’s causing your water to smell
Culligan® Whole House Filter Overview
Get cleaner water from every tap, every faucet, and in every room with the Culligan® Total Home Water Conditioner. Our hardworking two-in-one solution provides cleaner, softer Culligan water everywhere you want, with the added benefit of filtering out unpleasant contaminants like chlorine.*
Explore customizable filtration solutions designed to suit all kinds of whole-house needs, from hard water problems like stubborn soap scum and residue, to bitter taste or chlorine odors. A whole-house water filter from Culligan treats your problem water directly at the source, so you enjoy the benefits of cleaner, fresher water from every faucet. Culligan has 80 years of experience with all types of problem water so you can have peace of mind that your family’s water is in good hands with your local Culligan Man®.
Culligan® Whole House Filter Specifications
- Non-corrosive control valve designed to deliver years of reliable service
- ACCUSOFT® Microprocessor offers worry-free operation of your whole-house filter, even in power outages
- Dubl-Safe brine refill valve provides peace of mind during refill
- CUL-FLO-VALV® makes operation easyGuest Cycle recharge option generates an extra supply of filtered water with the touch of a button
- CULLEX® resin provides maximum capacity, stability, and long-lasting operation
- Quadra-Hull® Tank delivers dependable operation thanks to multiple layers of construction
- High-grade quartz underbedding distributes water evenly, maximizing water flow
FAQ About Culligan® Whole House Filter Systems
1. What are the benefits of the Quadra-Hull® tank?
Culligan’s Quadra-Hull® tank is one of the strongest water tanks available on a water softener. The exclusive four-layer construction of the Quadra-Hull® tank provides more protection than industry standard fiberglass and metal tanks. This design makes them impervious to rust and corrosion and they are UV resistant. Culligan's Quadra-Hull® tanks offer a limited lifetime warranty on the tank and internal components.
2. What is filtered water?
Filtered water typically refers to water that has gone through a filtration process to reduce the amount of iron, hydrogen sulfide, aesthetic chlorine taste or odor, as well as microorganisms such as cryptosporidium and giardia.
Water filtration involves separating mineral particles, like particulates, iron, hydrogen sulfide, or organic matter, from the water molecule (H2O). By passing water through a "filter bed," or "media bed," these granular particles are trapped, allowing the cleaner water to pass through.